Translate

Monday, February 14

Note

Although I've given no indication of this on my blog, since January 28 I've focused considerable attention on the Egyptian protests. My interest heightened even more when I noted what I considered to be instructive parallels between Egypt's situation and Pakistan's.

I wrote an initial analysis of the Egyptian situation on January 31 but shelved it while I dug deeper into the background to the protests. By yesterday I'd collected enough pieces of the puzzle to develop an analysis that I thought would hold up, no matter how much additional data came to light. However, I want to squeeze in enough time today to review the writing once more before I post it to this blog, which I estimate will be between 2 and 4 PM Eastern time.

Regards to all,
Pundita

No comments: